Here are some ways to show your partner you care and you love them without saying those three words.
- Love them as they want to be loved.Take Gary Chapman’s love language quiz with your partner and start loving each other in a way that will work.
- Take care of them but let them return the favor.Imagine how good it would feel for your partner to do something for you. And let them!
- Hear them.Being seen, heard, understood and acknowledged is an important part of feeling loved.
- Share their passions.By supporting your partner’s passions, you are letting them know that you respect and love who they are as a person.
- Support them always.Even when you think your partner’s new idea is crazy, support them. That’s what people who love each other do for each other.
- Don’t be critical.Imagine what your partner, who loves you, must feel like when you are critical of them.
- Don’t take things personally.Apologize for the hurt. Forgive and move on.
- Never show contempt.Contempt seems to rear its ugly head when wrongs fester and when people don’t forgive.